Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Girl, I wasn't sick...


As a rule I try not to bag on other people's advertising. After all I am a freelancer and I would never want to bite the hand that occasionally feeds me and my family. But rules, particularly self-imposed rules, are meant to be broken.

This current AT&T spot always merits a second and third look on TIVO. (Sadly I have not figured out how to embed video on the blog so you'll just have to view it on youtube. Also, sadly, the spot is not available in HD. But they run the hell out of it and you should be seeing it on TV.)

When you do, watch the little girl on the right. She literally mouths all the words coming from the sassy girl who got the speaking part. Clearly, her stage mom is a total failure.

On the other end of the spectrum however, is the stage mom who successfully worked the Rainbow Coalition angle and finagled a part for the Hispanic boy on the left.

I don't know what he is doing in this commercial.

And from the look in his "where's-my-Ritalin-wandering eyes," neither does he.


No comments: