Friday, August 7, 2009

The Un-Rant

This is turning into a great summer.

I know that when things go our way, the common expression is that "the stars seem to aligned" but I couldn't find a suitable image of aligned stars on Google. Besides the resolution is just awful.

But that in no way should detract from the sentiment. Because the summer of 2009 is shaping up to be a great one.

As the White House is fond of noting, the economy is showing signs of green sprouts. I don't know about that overused spin, but I am significantly busier than last year. And as any freelancer will tell you, it's good when the phone rings.

The weather is good. It's been warm. And sunny. (Good riddance June Gloom)

My two daughters are in sleep away camp. They're enjoying the camaraderie of other teens and learning the importance of independence. Which means my wife and I are enjoying the camaraderie of each other and relearning the menus at nicer restaurants.

The house is painted.
The plumbing has been fixed.
And even the landscaping is looking good.

Of course, I did throw my back out on Sunday helping my brother move a treadmill into his condo. But even that could not dispirit the Summer of 2009, as my doctor quickly dispatched me to the nearest pharmacy for a viciously-effective vial of pain-go-bye-bye pills.

Mmmmm, pretty planets.


2 comments:

Mark said...

I don't like it when you're happy. That's my turf.

Rich Siegel said...

You can have it back when the Vicodin runs out.