Tuesday, August 11, 2009

You've got mail

Seen on Motor Ave. near Venice Blvd.

I'm not a marketing professional nor do I pretend to be...oh wait that's exactly what I am. In any case, I'm not sure I would have marketed this mailbox store the way they owners had chosen.

I fault them for both the strategy and the execution.

Even if Jones Global Mail were the "Mailstop to the Stars", it strikes me as a bit odd that Mr. or Mrs Jones would have selected three DEAD stars (Marley, Presley and Monroe) as well as two animated ones (Elmer Fudd and Buggs Bunny) to endorse the establishment.

Does anybody believe Elmer Fudd comes to Palms to get his mail?

Furthermore, is there that much cache in that positioning? Does that make for good small talk at Hollywood parties that I don't go to?

"You may take a Pilates class with Steven Baldwin but I get my water and electricity bills at the same place as Kelsey Grammar."

No comments: