Monday, September 21, 2009

Gotta order a part

Spent the last week working in Detroit. And as you might expect, the Motor City is not lacking for blog-worthy material.

I could go on and on about the weird U-turns that pop up on every major boulevard. Or the fact that people still smoke like chimneys inside all the restaurants. Or that everything in Detroit seems to be served in a pita.

But I'm not going to do any of that. Because a.) I'm thankful for the work and b.) I like the people.

Midwesterners in general are really nice people. Maybe that's why I married a woman from Minneapolis. I remember when my uncle met my wife's family, The Weinblatt's, he remarked how well they all got along and didn't fight or argue. He asked me, "Are you sure they're Jews?"

That's the Midwest for you.

The only bone I have to pick with Michiganders has to do with bathroom hygiene.

As you can see from the accompanying photo, when it came to lavatory use, I had to construct my own personal fortress of protection (fortunately I had given myself time for the endeavor).

For G-d's sake, would someone in Lansing or Troy or Southfield or Dearborn please look into the concept of ass-gaskets?


No comments: