Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Employees Must Wash Hands

As I have noted before, I try to swim a mile each day. Usually at lunchtime. And always at my brother's condo complex in Playa Vista. After years of swimming at dirty municipal pools or the YMCA, I can't tell you what a joy it is to swim in such a beautiful, heated outdoor facility.

Not only because it's clean, but because I usually have the whole pool to myself.

You can keep your psychiatrists, psychologists, family counselors and newly-ordained life coaches, for pure, effective therapy I'll take 50,000 gallons of chlorinated water and 3o minutes of aerobic solitude any day of the week.

After lunch I like to head to Bristol Farms. They make a mean reduced fat tuna salad. And they put out these platters of cubed cheese samples. (I'm a sucker for heady, stinky German cheese.)

Anyway, I spotted this sign in the bathroom at Bristol Farms. It is without a doubt the definitive, how-to guide to employee hand washing. And I'm sure it has served the staff there very well.

But I can't help wonder if some dimwitted grocery bagger, who might have needed clarification on the proper hand washing technique, has missed his calling. And should be pursuing a more promising, more fulfilling career with the TSA.


No comments: