Monday, March 1, 2010

They say it's your birthday

Yesterday was my birthday.
More importantly, it was also the birthday of the blog. Roundseventeen was born 365 days ago. I wasn't sure it was going to go this long. Or go anywhere for that matter. But that's what makes creative endeavors so interesting.

More importantly than my birthday or the birthday of this blog however, it was also the birthday of my nephew Jack.

He was adopted by my brother-and-sister-in-law and he has brought great joy and many dirty diapers into their life. As you can see from this video he is a ball of energy and already a confirmed dog lover.




We're all thrilled that Jack is part of the family. But having watched the entire bureaucratic process I find it a shame the system makes it so difficult and arduous for loving families to adopt a child.

Equally puzzling is why a well-financed brand --Starbucks/Pepsi/Google -- with millions of marketing dollars cannot find a home for a refreshing, and I'm told sometimes humorous, daily blog.

1 comment:

Susie said...

You're right, Uncle Rich, it was a long, bumpy journey, but look at the reward....our sweet Jack...your birthday buddy. It's all worth it in the end. Love the video.

Jack's Mommy