Tuesday, April 6, 2010

"This won't hurt"

I suppose if you're going to become a Urologist it helps to have a sense of humor. After all, I can think of nothing less desirable than looking at men's penises and poop chutes all day.

Anyway, had a good solitary chuckle in the doctor's men room, while filling up the specimen cup I noticed this distinctive plaque adjacent to the "Place-your-urine-in-here" Vault.

As I've mentioned before my Beverly Hills doctor is the Urologist to the Stars. He has shaken glands with some of the biggest A-listers. And he loves to talk about it.

We were discussing the recent health care bill and he told me he had a phone call from Presidential Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel. Mr. Emanuel's brother Ari (portrayed convincingly by Jeremy Piven in Entourage) is also a patient.

Wow, I thought, connecting the dots and the digits. The same hand that's been up my butt has been up the butt of Ari Emanuel's, who's brother has the same metaphorically intimate relationship with the President of the United States.

If I'm allowed to be graphic -- and at this point, there's no turning back--that's like 4 fingers of separation.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Shaken glands. Nice.