Monday, May 2, 2011

A bitch of an itch.


Spotted on Culver Blvd., just south of Sony Studios.

I don't know if you can read this, but it says, "Pediculophobia is a fear of lice." I'll save you the trip to Google Dictionary, Pediculophobia is the fear of lice.

What would drive someone to take time out of their day, risk a hefty fine for damaging public property and write something like that? I haven't a clue. Perhaps it had something to do with President Obama's fundraising visit last week. He spoke at Sony Studios and his motorcade drove right past this streetside electrical transformer thiggamajiggy. Maybe the culprit wants to call our government's attention to the problem of Pediculus humanus and their devious plans to establish a new world order. (Conspiring with Freemasons and Jews of course.)

More than likely, that's not the case.

Maybe it's the ramblings of some new street artist. Last night, I watched Banksy's Exit Through The Gift Shop. I know I'm a little late to this cultural phenomena, but as my friend Laura will tell you, I'm late to all the latest cultural phenomena. Did you know that before Shepaird Fairey hit the jackpot with his iconic poster, he peppered the city with a stencil of professional wrestler Andre the Giant.

Does that make any more sense than Pediculophobia?

Or, could the motivation be more commercial? Could this be some brilliant underground, gorilla campaign from the genii at Proctor & Gamble? Because right now I -- and I'm sure you as well -- feel compelled to rush to my local supermarket to purchase the industrial-sized container of clinical strength Head and Shoulders.

That's pretty effective marketing, particularly when you consider that I'm clinically lice-proof and have longer hairs in my nose than I have on my head.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Good thing you are clinically lice-proof because Head and Shoulders will only help your dandruff (and you're looking pretty shiny, no sign of dandruff really), not suspected head lice;)