Thursday, August 18, 2011

Tanks


A milestone passed a few weeks ago and somehow it went unnoticed.
It was the 500th entry here at roundseventeen.

Now I often think maybe it's time give up this narcissistic journey. Maybe it's time to move on to something more productive. Start a hobby. Or take up a collection. My buddy, and current boss, collects clown paintings. He also has an impressive assembly of antique glass eyeballs. I've always wanted a collection of something but never had the discipline for that kind of pursuit.

Now I have a collection of mindless, stream of consciousness rants and ravings. I guess that's something.

And just when I'm about to pull the plug on this thing I get an email from one of you. Telling me how much you enjoy the blog. And how it provides a daily laugh.

I got one of these e-mails a few weeks ago from a friend I hadn't seen in a long time. He's going through a difficult time and his wife is going through an even tougher time battling cancer. I won't divulge his name or quote from his email.

But I was touched by the sentiment and flattered to know that what I'm doing here can somehow diminish the pain. Even if it's just a little.

And so for that email, and others like it, I thank you for the thank you's.

I know I've made light in the past about not getting paid for this endeavor.
But the reality is, I do.

2 comments:

george tannenbaum said...

I know the "unrewarding" feeling that sometimes wafts over inveterate bloggers.

But, I love your blog.

Having a shitty day at the client then at the editor.

You brightened me up.

xxx

Rich Siegel said...

Tanks, George.