Thursday, January 19, 2012

She's a good listener


Consider my day.

I woke up this morning and came downstairs to hear my wife cackling on the phone with her sister in Petaluma. Every Saturday morning (I know today is Thursday but I write these blog entries in advance) my wife and her sister are on the phone for a good 2-3 hours, so that's not unusual.

But today, the gabba-gabba-gabba was accompanied by the soundtrack from Wicked, which was playing on my wife's iPad.

Why? Because today my wife, my two daughters, my mother-in-law, my other sister-in-law and my other other sister-in-law's daughter were going to see the show at the Pantages theater. That's a lot of estrogen in a 7-passenger minivan.

Sadly the show was not nearly long enough.

Because they returned from the theater just in time for the kickoff of the Patriots/Broncos Divisional Playoff Game. Not because they wanted to see it, but I did. Unfettered by the endless flapping of jaws and the painful re-rendering of Broadway show tunes.

Last week, I came across the picture above and thought, surely I can write something funny about these losers with their bad fashion choices, bad haircuts and bad exercise regimens. Now I'm not so sure. Maybe  these guys are onto something.

Except the guy in the green plaid shirt.
Dude, your lady has a nice rack but look at her posture, that's embarrassing.

No comments: