Thursday, November 7, 2013

Hello darkness my old friend


I like sleeping.

Or, as Ralph Wiggum from The Simpsons says, "Oh boy, sleep! That's where I'm a viking."

But it appears the world has conspired to keep me from enjoying my beauty rest. Hence the face only a mother could love.

Whether it's the noise from the Backstage Bar, inconveniently located 1/4 mile from my house.

Or the bi-polar neighbor behind me, who feels compelled to build furniture or hit the punching bag at 3 AM.

Or, my next door neighbor with two barking, vicious pit bulls who I would most gladly pump full of lead, there's always something to keep me from my date with Morpheus.

Enter Rudolf Stefanich.

Rudolf is an Austrian industrial designer who is working on a device, that would stick on windows, and using advanced noise canceling technology, effectively silence the outside world.

You can read about it here and even see it in action with the video at the bottom of the article.

Right now the device is in the developmental stages. But I think we should we start diverting money from useless efforts like trying to cure cancer or stemming the disastrous effects of global warming, and funnel the funds directly to Rudolf.

Hell, I would gladly spend all the money I've saved for my daughter's college education to get my mitts on one, or several of these devices.

Besides, I hear they're doing good things at community colleges these days.










2 comments:

george tannenbaum said...

I use a Hammacher Schlemmer white noise machine. It works for me.

http://www.soap.com/p/marcpac-dohm-ss-single-speed-sound-conditioner-198104?site=CA&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc_S&utm_term=ZPO-211&utm_campaign=GoogleAW&CAWELAID=1323175000&utm_content=pla&adtype=pla&cagpspn=pla

_Jim_ said...

:) nice