Thursday, August 28, 2014

The Aryan Brewerhood


In the earlier incarnations of this blog, I wrote much shorter posts.

And I squeezed out articles based on the thinnest of premises, an odd photo, something my daughter said, or even a bumper sticker I had comes across.

Then I caught the writing bug and started 'going off' on anything. And it seems, everything.

That's how we got to more than 1100 posts.
Which is nothing to sneeze at, considering how shallow and uninformed yours truly can be.

Today, in light of the upcoming Labor Day weekend, I'm returning to those roots and taking the easy way out.

Last week, I took the time to look at the carton of light beer I like to drink, Beck's Light. They pack a lot of good Teutonic beer flavor into those 64 calories.

That's when I noticed something odd about the labeling. (See picture above)

They say a picture is worth a thousand words.

Wait until the very verbose Rabbi Marvin Hier of the Simon Wiesenthal Center sees this.

I'm sure this will merit quite the stern letter. And if I know the good rabbi and his hypersensitivity to anything remotely Holocaust, it'll be a thousand words and then some.


1 comment:

george tannenbaum said...

Rich, I think you'd probably enjoy the book "The Pity of it All." Not only will it depress you, which is always nice, it could provide the grist for many a post. BTW, you may never look at a Beck's--64 calories or not--or a guy named Gunther the same way again.

http://www.amazon.com/Pity-It-All-Portrait-1743-1933/dp/0140283943