Thursday, June 25, 2015

Enjoy the present



I have a gift for you.

It's Thursday, the end of the week, and nearly the end of the month. And soon I will be on my way for our yearly camping trip.

I have never looked forward to the trip more than this year.

Which might have a little something to do with how busy I've been lately. Last week I was holed up at the office until 11 at night. And on several occasions, was there past sundown. If you read RoundSeventeen with any regularity you know that's not my preferred way of working.

I like shutting it down. Refreshing the batteries. And starting new early in the morning, often at my house before I go in.

In any case, the woods, the hills, the streams and the lakes are calling my name. So I will keep today's post mercifully short. And to tide you over for next week, I'll revisit and repost some of my favorites posts from the past.

The gift?

During the NBA playoffs, the Fitbit company ran a commercial with what I consider the best music of the year. I did a little digging and found the sound. Hell I bought the album.

Hear, for your listening pleasure is your gift, Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings.




No comments: