Thursday, January 21, 2016

It's backscratching time


Last week was incredibly pleasant.

In addition to my wife leaving town for a few days and my well earned 'mancation', complete with dirty dishes left in the sink, a limitless supply of Maker's Mark 46 and two pregnant burritos from El Nepol, I got feedback.

Lots of feedback.

Of the 5 Star variety, no less.

From Kate Kemp, a talented freelance writer based in NYC so she poses no threat. She was so happy to receive my book she posted this photo (see above) on my timeline. Moreover, unlike you losers, she took the time to send me a personal email/review.


I may know a little about Photoshop but I'm not good enough to fake a Facebook email.

I wanted to thank Kate for taking time out of her day so I thought I'd give her a shout out and help her land her next gig.

I also wanted to thank my brother-in-law, John O'Conner, who teaches high school English. Last week he called me out of the blue to tell me how much he was laughing and how the book managed to touch on universal themes over and above advertising.

He also mentioned that I dangled some participles, but I'm a copywriter so who gives a shit?

And finally, I'd like to acknowledge Executive Creative Director Erik Spiegler, who again unlike you miserly bastards, generously penned the following missive...


To Kate, John and Erik, thank you.

Want to see your name or earn a plug on this blog?

  You know what to do.

No comments: