Monday, April 4, 2016

Command Shift 4


Upon completion of my book, my friend Robert, and fellow author, said, "Congratulations, you are now the owner of the world's most expensive business card."

If I torture myself and look at the cumulative sales chart, I'd have to agree.

Additionally, if I'm being honest with myself, that also makes this long running (7 years plus) blog, the world's most long-winded self-promo.

But in the advertising world, if you're not promoting yourself no one is paying you a day rate to promote their dog food, their anti-perspirants, their SUV's or their inedible fast food offerings.

That's just the way it is.

Particularly now when the market is seeing a flood of new freelancers, who, tired of the sweatshop conditions imposed upon them by their new media overlords, have now decided to go it on their own.  Sadly, that can mean only one thing for you 13 regular readers of this blog -- more self promotion.

Those of you who know me are familiar with my shaky Photoshop skills. I can cut and paste a picture of my book and put it in the hands of Donald Trump or Beyonce, but that's about the extent of it.

So when I spring this on you, you must know there is no way in the world I could have manufactured or faked it.

But I do know the magic of Command Shift 4 -- the Screen Grab.

With that, I invite you to read this totally unsolicited linked.com exchange I had about a month ago with a recruiter in the business:


There you have it. My new self promo.

Call now, and don't forget to inquire about my Gustavo Martinez "Fucking Jews" Discount. A limited time offer that is not valid in Tennessee.