Monday, October 17, 2016

The Reviews are Already Coming In



Days like today don't happen too often.

In fact, since I've only published three books, they've only happened to me twice in the past.

Once was in 2005, before there was Facebook or Twitter or Blogspot or all manner of social media, so apart from my short interview on KABC radio, no one even knew of Tuesdays With Mantu, My Adventures with a Nigerian Con Artist.

Last year I released my second book, RoundSeventeen & 1/2, The Names Have Been Changed to Protect the Inefficient and the subsequent social platforms were widely available. I don't think any of us can forget how I bludgeoned and digitally abused the 13 readers who come to this blog on a daily basis. And I apologize for my shameless self-promotion and liberal use of the Guilting Stick.

Today, I am officially releasing my newest opus: The Big Book of Rants, A Gentleman's Guide to a Life in Advertising. And I hope to strike a more appropriate balance.

However, I'm not saying that's going to be easy.

When CNN is breaking news stories, almost on an hourly basis, about a presidential candidate bragging about "grabbing pussy", swinging his alleged big billionaire dick around, talking like a 14 year old, and copping feels on every blond shicksa he's ever come in contact with, it's ridiculously hard to break through the clutter.

So here's the soft sell.

If you can part with eleven dollars and ninety eight cents, this timeless collection of caffeine-fueled, disgruntled employee rants can be all yours. The photo alone, snapped by my good friend and book cover designer Robert Prins is worth the price. Moreover, the book has been thoughtfully customized to sit perfectly above most makes and models of today's modern toilets.

But don't take my word for it.

Listen to what some of the most experienced advertising planners in the advertising industry have to say about my new book.


No comments: