Thursday, December 21, 2017

The last post


Sadly, or mercifully, we've come to last post of 2017.

This was a very difficult year.

There was the daily barrage of destruction and dishonor coming from the White House, a phenomena that promises to deliver more in 2018, until he implodes or Bob Mueller drops the hammer on his Ray Kroc-fattened ass.

My summer was torn asunder by worry and anxiety. It is not easy knowing your defenseless daughter is galavanting around East Africa with nothing more than a vague memory of childhood karate lessons and a penknife in her purse.

And business was off. For the first time since the recession of 2008, revenue was not more than the previous year. I'm not blaming ageism, because even at 44 years old I can still hold my own with any of these upstart kids. If anything it has to do with the glut of freelancers on the market. Freelancers who no longer want to sit at The Long Table of Mediocrity™ and pump out Frivolous Fuckwadian Digital Knick Knacks™.

I see a silver lining in all of that. It just means I have to hustle more in the upcoming year. Accordingly, I must get back to the stack of assignments on my desk right now.

From all of us at RoundSeventeen headquarters, thank you for your readership, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

I leave you with this random collection of (uncaptioned) photos found on my iPhone.

























No comments: